In this Home Learning Kit, we have provided you with rich, robust, and wholesome stories that are filled with cultural traditions of values, rituals, and community.
We encourage you to use this kit to build cultural values and traditions that strengthen your family and community. So, join us as we invite those ancestors on whose shoulders we stand, and undertake this journey of learning, together.
This Home Learning Kit is recommended for all ages and includes the following learning objectives:
- Learn to do research using the Internet, books, encyclopedias, artifacts, etc.
- Learn to discern authentic and legitimate information encountered via Internet and social media.
- Learn to identify, create, and establish standards and values to promote healthy families and community.
- Learn to recognize our natural given gifts and talents that have contributed to the development of our world.
- Learn to use research, digital technology and interpersonal communication skills to enhance learning for self-determination.
- Learn to prepare and share findings with other village members in a collective presentation (timelines and artifacts).
Highlights and Specifications:
1 - 8.5" x 11" - 21 Standards for a Healthy African Community
Home Learning Kit (55 pages, black plastic spiral binding)
- 1 - 3.5" x 4" - 21 Standards for a Healthy African Community Affirmation Cards (23 cards, instructions included)